Saturday, February 18, 2012

Oil based glaze over Chalk paint & wax, GASP!

Ok, SO I have been working ALL day! I was so busy being a chauffeur to my lovely children I didn't get much work done last week.
I painted a drop leaf kitchen table late last week, it looked great but was missing something! I used CeCe Caldwell's paint in VINTAGE WHITE and MEMPHIS BLUE.... white was on top, blue on bottom. I waxed it and let it sit a few days in the garage because I wasn't happy with the way it looked yet. Today, my mom said " that table is missing something" I was like, great now I must do something.
I spent a few min sanding it down to give it an aged look, then I did the unthinkable. I grabbed my good ol' oil based glaze and started brushing it on. I had never used oil based glaze OVER wax for chalk paint. It started to stick to the wax and was "setting" so fast I couldn't rub it off fast enough. I started to panic yelled at the kids to get me more rags. After the full blown panic, I was done. It looked great, better then I would have thought! SO just note if you want to do this, act fast and rub hard!!
 Paint on, my friends!!



1 comment: