Monday, April 9, 2012

Homemade fabric softener recipe

So I love to make things cheap or free . I hate spending money on stuff like fabric softener! 
I found a recipe on pinterest and wanted to try it. It called for 6 cups of water, 3 cups of vinegar and 2 cups of suave conditioner. I didn't want to go back to the store AGAIN for conditioner so I went to my teenage daughters bathroom and "borrowed" what ever looked old or un-used! 
I found a plethora of half used conditioner bottles. I picked the ones that smelled the strongest. 
I used my old "name brand" fabric softener bottle to put the home made stuff in. I measured the water and vinegar out in a measuring cup then funneled it into the jug. I was having a hard time getting the thick conditioner to go in the small opening of the Fab softener bottle. SO I mixed it with some HOT water to water it down.... then added it to the other stuff!

It seems to work just fine. you don't notice any vinegar smell at all once its is mixed together. It is not as thick or strong smelling as the name brands. But for $1 I sure cant complain. I didn't really measure it when I did laundry, I just filled up my little fab soft thingy in the top of the washer! 

6 cups warm water 
3 cups vinegar 
2 cups of good smelling conditioner 









No comments:

Post a Comment